The Gunbarrel Highway was built to provide access for Department of National Mapping (Natmap) to complete the geodetic survey of Australia and also for the Weapons Research Establishment (WRE) to recover rockets from the same area.
This map shows the track between Giles and Carnegie as well as other roads and tracks including parts of the Canning Stock Route, the Gary Highway, the Connie Sue Highway, the Anne Beadell Highway and the Great Central Road.
- Lat/Long grid and GPS co-ordinates
- Detailed roads and tracks
- National parks and reserves
- Heritage and tourist information
- Specific 4WD, caravan and camping information.
Map opens out to 680mm x 500mm, printed on both sides