Welcome to this rugged slice of nature’s best. Lush green parkland, jagged summits, and glacier-carved basins abound in the one-million-acre “Crown of the Continent.” Forge your own path with Moon Glacier National Park.
Moon Glacier National Park features:
- Itineraries for every timeline and budget, ranging from one day in the park to a week-long road trip, including: Best in One Day, Best Hikes, Fun for Kids, Flathead-Glacier Road Trip, Geologic Wonders, and Wildlife-Watching Hotspots
- Strategies for getting to Glacier National Park, avoiding crowds, and exploring its less-visited areas
- In-depth chapters on each region of the park, including West Glacier and Apgar, North Fork, Going-to-the-Sun Road, St. Mary and Many Glacier, Two Medicine and East Glacier, Marias Pass and Essex, Waterton, and Flathead Valley
- Full-colour, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughout
- Expert tips for travellers looking to go hiking, biking, backpacking, fishing, rafting, and more
- Detailed hike descriptions with individual trail maps and backpacking options
- The top activities and unique ideas for exploring the park: Hike verdant valleys, meander fields of alpine wildflowers, and stroll beneath frigid waterfalls and over high scenic passes. Go whitewater rafting, cast a line for wild trout into the Flathead River, or hop on a guided horseback ride. Drive or bike the Going-to-Sun-Road, take in views of peaks and glaciers, and spot wild moose or grizzlies roaming the mountainside. Spend a night in a historic lakeside lodge, or set up camp after a day of adventurous backcountry exploring
- Valuable insight from seasoned explorer and Glacier expert Becky Lomax
- Honest advice on when to go and where to stay inside the park, including hotels, campgrounds, hostels, and RV sites
- Up-to-date information on park fees, passes, and reservations
- Recommendations for families, seniors, international visitors, travellers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
- Essential packing and health and safety information-including how to avoid encounters with grizzlies, mountain lions, and other common wildlife
- Thorough background on the terrain, culture, and the park’s history
With Moon Glacier National Park‘s expert advice, myriad activities, and insider perspective, you can plan your trip your way.