Britain's best-known National Trail winds for 256 miles through three National Parks - the Peak District, Yorkshire Dales and Northumberland. This is the 5th edition. This superb footpath showcases Britain's finest upland scenery, while touching the literary landscape of the Bronte family and Roman history along Hadrian's Wall.
- 138 large-scale walking maps - at just under 1:20,000 - showing route times, gradients, where to stay, interesting features
- Guides to 57 towns and villages - along the way
- Itineraries for all walkers - whether walking the route in its entirety or sampling the highlights on day walks and short breaks
- Practical information for all budgets - Edale to Kirk Yetholm: where to stay with reviews (B&Bs, hostels, campsites, pubs and hotels), where to eat with reviews, what to see, plus detailed town plans
- Public transport information - all access points on the path
- GPS waypoints. These are also downloadable from the Trailblazer website
- Now includes extra colour sections: 16pp colour introduction and 16pp of colour mapping for stage sections (one stage per page) with trail profiles.