Whether you plan to hike through the wilds of Snowdonia, follow in Wordsworth's footsteps at Tintern Abbey or explore Welsh music and theatre in Swansea, The Rough Guide to Wales will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Inside The Rough Guide to Wales:
- Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget
- Full-colour maps throughout - navigate the arcades of central Cardiff or the peaks of Brecon Beacons National Park without needing to get online.
- Stunning, inspirational images- Itineraries - carefully planned routes to help you organise your trip.
- Detailed regional coverage - whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.
- Areas covered include: Cardiff, Swansea and the southeast; the southwest; the Brecon Beacons and Powys; the Cambrian coast; the Dee Valley; Snowdonia and the Llyn; the north coast and Anglesey. Attractions include: Cardiff Bay; St David's Cathedral; Pembrokeshire National Park; Conwy Castle; Cadair Idris; Ffestiniog Railway; Hay Festival; the beaches of the Llyn and Gower peninsulas.
- Basics - essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, the media, health, festivals and events, maps, sports and outdoor activities.
- Background information - a Contexts chapter devoted to Welsh history, politics, natural history, music, film and books, plus a handy language section.
Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with the Rough Guide to Wales.