Discover Paris with the most incisive and in-the-know guidebook on the market.
Whether you plan to stroll along the Seine, sip aperitifs at classy left-bank cafes or browse modern art at the Palais de Tokyo, The Rough Guide to Paris will show you ideal places to sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Inside The Rough Guide to Paris:
- Independent, trusted reviews written in Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
- Full-colour maps throughout - navigate the medieval lanes of the Quartier Latin or the Marais's swanky shopping streets without needing to get online.
- Stunning, inspirational images - Itineraries - carefully planned routes to help you organise your trip.
- Detailed city coverage - whether in the city centre or out in the suburbs, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way. Areas covered: the islands; the Marais; the QuartierLatin; St-Germain; Montparnasse; Montmarte; Disneyland Paris. Attractions include: Eiffel Tower; Musee Rodin; Puces de St-Ouen; Pompidou Centre; Notre-Dame; Pere-Lachaise; Musee Picasso; Musee d'Orsay; Fondation Louis Vuitton; Sainte-Chapelle; Berges deSeine; Place des Vosges.
- Listings chapters - from accommodation to clubs and live music, plus festivals, events and Paris for children.
- Basics - essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, the media, living inParis, health, bike tours, boat trips, public holidays and more.
- Background information - a Contexts chapter devoted to history and books, plus a handy language section and glossary.