Discover this evergreen destination with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to ride the length of the wonderful Wild Atlantic Way, take a foodie tour of the southwest or discover a city reborn in Belfast, The Rough Guide to Ireland will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
- Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
- Full-colour maps throughout - navigate the backstreets of Dublins Temple Bar or Derry's famous city walls without needing to get online.
- Stunning images - a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
- Things not to miss - Rough Guides rundown of Irelands best sights and experiences.
- Itineraries - carefully planned routes to help you organise your trip.
- Detailed regional coverage - whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way. Areas covered (all Irelands counties) include: Dublin; the Midlands; Cavan; Mayo; Galway; Clare; Limerick; Kerry; Cork; Kilkenny; Kildare; Meath; Belfast; Antrim and Derry. Attractions include: The Giants Causeway; Dublins Trinity College; Titanic Belfast; the Wild Atlantic Way; Brúna Bóinne; Skellig Michael; Kylemore Abbey; Bantry House; the Burren and Croagh Patrick.
- Basics - essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, health, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, the media and more.
- Background information - a Contexts chapter devoted to history, traditional music and literature, plus a handy language section and glossary.