Discover Rough Guides' home patch with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to tuck into a balti in Birmingham, get your thrills at Blackpool Pleasure Beach or tackle Scotland's majestic North Coast 500, The Rough Guide to Great Britain will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
- Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
- Full-colour maps throughout - navigate the medieval lanes of York or Bath's Georgian streets without needing to get online.
- Stunning images - a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
- Things not to miss - Rough Guides' rundown of Britain's best sights and experiences.
- Itineraries - carefully planned routes to help you organise your trip.
- Detailed regional coverage - whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way. Areas covered include: London and the southeast; the Cotswolds; Bath, Bristol and the southwest; East Anglia; the Midlands and the Peak District; Leeds, Manchester and the northwest; Yorkshire; Newcastle and the northeast; Cardiff and South Wales; Snowdonia; Edinburgh and the Lothians; Glasgow and the Clyde; the Scottish Highlands and Islands. Attractions include: Hampton Court Palace; Oxford's colleges; the Eden Project; Manchester's Northern Quarter; Hadrian's Wall; the Lake District; Portmeirion; Welsh castles; Edinburgh Festival and the West Highland Railway.
- Basics - essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, the media, festivals and events, sports and outdoor activities.
- Background information - a Contexts chapter devoted to history and film, plus recommended books.