Discover the length and breadth of Germany with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to check out Berlin's art galleries, cruise down the Rhine Valley or go wine-tasting along the Mosel Weinstrasse, The Rough Guide to Germany will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
- Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
- Full-colour maps throughout- navigate Rugen's meandering coastline or Munich's Altstadt without needing to get online.
- Stunning images - a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
- Things not to miss - Rough Guides' rundown of Germany's best sights and experiences.
- Itineraries - carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
- Detailed regional coverage - whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way. Areas covered include: Berlin and Brandenburg; Saxony, including Leipzig and Dresden; Saxony-Anhalt and the Harz; Thuringia, including Weimar; Franconia (Northern Bavaria), including Nuremberg and Bamberg; Munich and central Bavaria; the Alps and eastern Bavaria; Baden-Wurttemberg, including Stuttgart and Heidelberg; the Black Forest; Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland; Frankfurt and Hesse; North-Rhine Westphalia, including Cologne; Lower Saxony and Bremen, including Hannover; Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein; Mecklenburg-West Pomerania.
- Attractions include: Berlin Wall Memorial, the Reichstag, the Brandenburg Gate, Elbe Sandstone Mountains, Bode Valley, Amalienburg, Ulm Munster, Baden-Baden spas, Europa-Park, Schauinsland cable car, the Romantic Rhine, Schloss Neuschwanstein, the Altmuhltal nature reserve, the Romantic Road, Berchtesgadener Land, Aachen cathedral, Folkwang collection, Essen, North Sea island-hopping, Schwerin Schloss, to name but a few.
- Basics - essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, travelling with children, shopping and more.
- Background information - a Contexts chapter devoted to history, books, film and music, plus a handy language section and glossary.