Due out in June. Pre-order your copy now.
Swim in the sparkling Mediterranean, marvel at the peak of Mount Etna, and get to know this region's timeless charm: with Rick Steves on your side, Sicily can be yours!
Inside RICK STEVES SICILY you'll find:
- Comprehensive coverage for spending a week or more exploring Sicily
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favourites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the Norman cathedrals in the ancient city of Syracuse and the 13th-century Castello di Venere, to the sea caves of the Aeolian Islands
- How to connect with culture: Savour seafood-centric cuisine made from ancient recipes, catch an opera performance at the Teatro Massimo, or sample authentic Marsala wine
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax with a glass of local Pinot Bianco
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighbourhoods and incredible museums Detailed maps for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, Sicilian and Italian phrase books, a historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 350 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Complete, up-to-date information on Enna, Ragusa, Catania, Messina, Palermo, Trapani, Syracuse, Agrigento, Caltanissetta, the Aeolian, Aegadian, and Pelagian Islands, and more
Make the most of every day and every dollar with RICK STEVES SICILY.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Rick Steves has spent 100 days every year since 1973 exploring Europe. Rick produces a public television series (Rick Steves' Europe), a public radio show (Travel with Rick Steves),and an app and podcast (Rick Steves Audio Europe); writes a bestselling series of guidebooks and a nationally syndicated newspaper column; organizes guided tours that take thousands of travelers to Europe annually; and offers an information-packed website (www.ricksteves.com). With the help of his hardworking staff of 80 at Europe Through the Back Door—in Edmonds, Washington, just north of Seattle—Rick's mission is to make European travel fun, affordable, and culturally broadening.
'I use Rick Steve's guidebooks whenever I travel to Europe and find them invaluable, especially Rick's walking tours, his self-guided tours through museums and other attractions and his budget accommodation recommendations. It is like having my own personal tour guide travelling with me.' Brent Allred, Latitude Books