You've booked your cruise through Northern Europe: now what? Explore Europe's magnificent port cities with Rick Steves Scandinavian & Northern European Cruise Ports!
- Rick Steves' expertise on how to have a meaningful cultural experience when you only have a few hours in each city
- Unlike other cruising guidebooks, Rick focuses on the main attraction: the most beautiful cities in Scandinavia and Northern Europe
- Full coverage of 18 ports of call
- One-day itineraries for exploring Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo, Berlin, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Tallinn, Riga, Gdansk, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Bruges, Bergen, Stavanger, and the Norwegian Fjords
- The best of local flavours, haunts, and landmarks from the top sightseeing destinations to hidden gemsRick's reliable tips and candid humorous advice on how to beat the crowds, skip lines, and avoid tourist traps
- Useful tools including logistics for getting from the cruise terminal to town, overviews of each country, maps, photos, and mini-phrasebooks
- Travel strategies covering how to choose, book, and plan your trip, as well as how to save time and money on and off the ship
Europe's majestic port cities are at your fingertips with Rick Steves Scandinavian & Northern European Cruise Ports.
Cruising the Mediterranean? Pick up Rick Steves Mediterranean Cruise Ports!
Full list of coverage: Copenhagen, Denmark; Stockholm, Sweden; Helsinki, Finland; St. Petersburg, Russia; Tallinn, Estonia; Riga, Latvia; Gdansk, Sopot, and the Port of Gdynia, Poland; Berlin, Warnemunde, and Rostok, Germany; Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen, Flam, and Geirangerfjord, Norway; Amsterdam, the Netherlands; Bruges, Brussels, Zeebrugge, and Ghent, Belgium; London, Southampton, Portsmouth, Dover, and Canterbury, England; Paris, Le Havre, Honfleur, Rouen, and the D-Day Beaches, France
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Rick Steves has spent 100 days every year since 1973 exploring Europe. Rick produces a public television series (Rick Steves' Europe), a public radio show (Travel with Rick Steves),and an app and podcast (Rick Steves Audio Europe); writes a bestselling series of guidebooks and a nationally syndicated newspaper column; organizes guided tours that take thousands of travelers to Europe annually; and offers an information-packed website (www.ricksteves.com). With the help of his hardworking staff of 80 at Europe Through the Back Door—in Edmonds, Washington, just north of Seattle—Rick's mission is to make European travel fun, affordable, and culturally broadening.
'I use Rick Steve's guidebooks whenever I travel to Europe and find them invaluable, especially Rick's walking tours, his self-guided tours through museums and other attractions and his budget accommodation recommendations. It is like having my own personal tour guide travelling with me.' Brent Allred, Latitude Books