You can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really need to know when traveling in London.
Inside Rick Steves London 2019 you'll find:
- Comprehensive coverage for spending a week or more exploring London
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favourites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from Trafalgar Square and the Victoria & Albert to where to find the best tikka masala or fish and chips
- Connect with London: Catch a show in Soho, meet the ravens at the Tower of London, and end your day at the pub sharing a pint and chat with a friendly Londoner
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax over a cup of tea
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighbourhoods and incredible museums
- Detailed neighbourhood maps and a fold-out city map for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, popular British slang, a historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 500 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Annually updated information on the whole city, plus day trips to Windsor, Cambridge, and Stonehenge
Make the most of every day and every dollar with Rick Steves London 2019.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Rick Steves has spent 100 days every year since 1973 exploring Europe. Rick produces a public television series (Rick Steves' Europe), a public radio show (Travel with Rick Steves),and an app and podcast (Rick Steves Audio Europe); writes a bestselling series of guidebooks and a nationally syndicated newspaper column; organizes guided tours that take thousands of travelers to Europe annually; and offers an information-packed website (www.ricksteves.com). With the help of his hardworking staff of 80 at Europe Through the Back Door—in Edmonds, Washington, just north of Seattle—Rick's mission is to make European travel fun, affordable, and culturally broadening.
'I use Rick Steve's guidebooks whenever I travel to Europe and find them invaluable, especially Rick's walking tours, his self-guided tours through museums and other attractions and his budget accommodation recommendations. It is like having my own personal tour guide travelling with me.' Brent Allred, Latitude Books