Discover the Czech capital with the most in-the-know and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to admire Art Nouveau treasures, deliberate between your favourite pubs, or see the city from the heights of Petrin hill, Pocket Rough Guide Prague will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Inside Pocket Rough Guide Prague
- Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
- Full-colour maps throughout plus a free pull-out map - navigate the cobbled streets of Mala Strana or the wide boulevards of Nove Mesto, without needing to get online.
- Things not to miss - the Rough Guides rundown of Prague's unmissable sights and experiences.
- Itineraries - carefully planned routes, organized by day and by theme, to help you see the best of the city when time is short.
- Detailed coverage - places chapters cover each neighbourhood in depth, with all the sights and all the best of the nearby shops cafes, restaurants, bars, clubs. Areas covered include; HradCany, Mala Strana, Stare Mesto, Josefov, Wenceslas Square and Nove Mesto, Narodni and southern Nove Mesto, Vysehrad, Vinohrady and Zizkov, Holesovice. Attractions include: Prague Castle; Old Royal Palace; Golden Lane; Charles Bridge; St Vitus Cathedral; Old Town Square; Tyn Church; Astronomical Clock; Pinkas Synagogue; Mucha Museum; Obecni Dum; Veletrzni Palace; Prague Zoo; UPM and Petrin.
- Accommodation - the best places to stay, from boutique hotels to bargain hostels and all sorts in between.
- Essentials - essential pre-departure practical information including arrival, local transport, festivals and events, plus a handy chronology and language section.
Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with the Pocket Rough Guide Prague