Whether you plan to meander across Museum Island, admire the view from the Fernsehturm followed by cutting-edge art at Hamburger Bahnhof, or simply join the locals for Kaffee und Kuchen, Pocket Rough Guide Berlin will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Inside Pocket Rough Guide Berlin:
- Independent, trusted reviews written in Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
- Full-colour maps and a free pull-out map - navigate the dense heart of the Mitte or the winding paths of the Tiergarten without needing to get online.
- Stunning, inspirational images
- Things not to miss - the Rough Guides rundown of Berlin's unmissable sights and experiences.
- Itineraries - six carefully planned routes to help you see the best of the city when time is short.
- Detailed coverage - Places chapters cover each neighbourhood in depth, with all the sights and all the best of the nearby shops cafes, restaurants, bars, clubs.
- Areas covered include: Spandauer Vorstadt; MuseumIsland; Under den Linden; Alexanderplatz and the Nikolaiviertel; Potsadmer Platz and Tiergarten; Prenzlauer Berg and Wedding; Friedrichshain; Kreuzberg; Neukoelln; Charlottenberg; Schoeneberg; day-trips to Potsdam, Wannsee beach, Sachsenhausen and Villa Wannsee. Attractions include: Hackesche Hoefe; Checkpoint Charlie; Brandenburg Gate; Neue Synagoge; DeutschesHistorisches Museum; The Neue Wache; East Side Gallery; Jewish Museum; MuseumIsland; Berlin Wall Memorial; Fernsehturm (TV Tower); DDR Museum;Sony Center; Bauhaus Museum; Berliner Philharmonie; Berlin Zoo; Tiergarten; Reichstag; Kulturforum.
- Accommodation - the best places to stay, from boutique hotels to bargain hostels.
- Essentials - essential practical information including arrival, getting around, festivals and events plus a handy chronology and language section.
Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with Pocket Rough Guide Berlin.