National Geographic's India, South AdventureMap is designed to meet the unique needs of adventure travellers with its durability and accurate information. This folded map provides global travellers with the perfect combination of detail and perspective, highlighting hundreds of points of interest and the diverse and unique destinations within the country.
The map includes the locations of cities and towns with a user-friendly index, plus a clearly marked road network complete with distances and designations for major highways, main roads, and tracks and trails for those seeking to explore more remote regions.
The front side of the map covers the southern part of India, from the southern portion of the state of Madhya Pradesh extending south to Karnataka. The states of Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Maharashtra and Orissa are included as well as the cities of Hyderabad, Mumbai (Bombay), Nagpur and Pune. The reverse side shows the most southern region of India extending from the state of Goa to the city of Trivandrum and the stores of the Gulf of Mannar. The cities of Bangalore, Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore and Madurai, are included as are the southern portion of the state of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
Every AdventureMap is printed on durable synthetic paper, making them waterproof, tear-resistant and tough — capable of withstanding the rigors of international travel.
- Waterproof and tear-resistant
- Accurate topography/terrain with a clearly labeled road network
- Hundreds of points of interest, including the locations parks and nature reserves, protected lands, historical and cultural attractions
- Thousands of place names including towns and natural features; detailed place names index
- Important travel networks including airports, lighthouses, ferry routes and rail lines
- Updated regularly to ensure accuracy
The map is two-sided and unfolds to 960mm x 640mm.