The map includes the locations of cities and towns with a user-friendly index, plus a clearly marked road network complete with distances and designations for major highways, main roads, and tracks and trails for those seeking to explore more remote regions.
The front side of the China East map details the northeast region of the country, from its border with Russia and Mongolia to the north, to the North Korean border to the east, and extending south to the city of Nanjing. The reverse side of the map details China's southeastern region, extending from Xi'an and Zhengzhou south to Hong Kong; west to the country's borders with India and Myanmar (Burma); and east to the Vietnamese border and the shores of the South and East China Seas.
Every AdventureMap is printed on durable synthetic paper, making them waterproof, tear-resistant and tough — capable of withstanding the rigors of international travel.
- Waterproof and tear-resistant
- Accurate topography/terrain with a clearly labeled road network
- Hundreds of points of interest, including the locations parks and nature reserves, protected lands, historical and cultural attractions
- Thousands of place names including towns and natural features; detailed place names index
- Important travel networks including airports, lighthouses, ferry routes and rail lines
- Updated regularly to ensure accuracy
Proceeds from the sale of National Geographic maps go to support the National Geographic Society's vital exploration, conservation, research and education programs.
Scale 1:2,950,000 / 1 cm = 29.5 km