Forge your way through forests, across mountain peaks, past geysers, and more with Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton.
Inside you’ll find:
- Itineraries for every timeline, budget, and travel style, ranging from one day in each park to a week-long road trip covering both
- Full colour, vibrant photos and detailed maps of each national park
- Strategies for getting to the parks and travelling between them, with suggestions on where to stop along the way to eat, rest, or explore
- Expert tips for hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, kayaking, and more, plus essential packing and health and safety information
- Detailed hike descriptions with individual trail maps, each marked by duration, elevation change, and more
- The top activities and unique ideas for exploring each park: Marvel at the steam-spewing Old Faithful geyser, or take a horseback ride to panoramic lakeside views. Hike through lush forests to rushing waterfalls, and catch a glimpse of wild bison, elk, wolves, or bears. Climb the summit to Inspiration Point for breathtaking views of Jackson Hole, explore the quirky nearby towns, or discover the best spots to hit the slopes during the winter season
- Valuable insight from Yellowstone expert and seasoned explorer Becky Lomax
- Honest advice on where to stay inside and outside the parks, including campgrounds, cabins, guest ranches, and resorts
- Up-to-date information on park fees, passes, and reservations
- Coverage of gateway cities and towns, including Jackson Hole, Big Sky, Red Lodge, Cody, Lander, and DuBois
- Recommendations for families, seniors, international visitors, travellers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
- Thorough background on the wildlife, terrain, culture, and history
With Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton‘s practical tips, myriad activities, and local expertise, you can plan your trip your way.