Steep mountains divide dense rainforests and rocky shores from thriving modern cities. Discover the rugged and the cosmopolitan with Moon Victoria & Vancouver Island.
Inside you’ll find:
- Strategic Itineraries in an easy-to-navigate format, such as “The Best of Vancouver Island,” “Family Camping Trip,” and “First Nations Highlights"
- Curated advice from local writer Andrew Hempstead
- Full-colour with vibrant, helpful photos
- Detailed maps and directions for exploring on your own
- Activities and ideas for every traveler:Complete one of the world’s great coastal hikes, or try your hand at stand-up paddleboarding through protected fjords. Surf the wild coast, or experience the thrill of hooking a giant salmon. Taste seafood fresh from the ocean in downtown Victoria and admire the city’s timeless architecture. Spend the day in the colourful Butchart Gardens, or learn about the region’s natural history at the Royal BC Museum
- In-depth coverage of Victoria, Sidney, Souther Gulf Islands, Nanaimo, Port Alberni, Ucluelet, Pacific Rim National Park, Tofino, Oceanside, the Comox Valley, the Campbell River, Port McNeill, Port Hardy and the Far North, and more
- Background information on the landscape, culture, and neighbourhood history
- Essential insight for travellers on recreation, transportation, and accommodations, packaged in a book slim enough to fit in your daypack
With Moon Victoria & Vancouver Island‘s practical tips, myriad activities, and an insider’s view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.