With 1.2 million acres of rocky expanse formed over millions of years, the Grand Canyon holds some of the country's greatest natural treasures. Moon Grand Canyon guides you on an exploration of its grand drama, serene vistas, and diverse wildlife.
What You'll Discover in Moon Grand Canyon:
- Unique perspective from Grand Canyon expert and avid hiker Kathleen Bryant
- Full-colour photos and easy-to-use maps for reference and independent navigation
- Strategic itineraries for every trip and budget, including: The Best of the Grand Canyon, The Grand Canyon in One Day, A Romantic Winter Weekend, Best Day Hikes, Family Fun, The Wild Side, and Native American Legacy
- Focused coverage of the South Rim, the North Rim, the Inner Canyon, and Beyond the Boundaries
- Information on gateway cities, including Flagstaff, Williams, Page, Fredonia and KanabHonest advice on finding the right accommodations and the best routes to and within the park
- Activities and ideas for every traveller: Go backcountry camping in the inner canyon, or rafting down the Colorado River. Head to the Havasupai reservation's Havasu Canyon for a waterfall-filled hike, or horseback ride through splashes of wildflowers in the South Rim. Mountain bike along the Rainbow Rim, or stroll along a 70-foot-long skywalk stretching into the canyon. Explore the vast forests, plateaus, and history that lay beyond the park's boundaries, shop and dine in the bustling Grand Canyon Village, or discover the canyon's fascinating formation story at the Yavapai Geology Museum
- Detailed and thorough information, including crucial background on the landscape, plants and animals, history, and culture of the area and its surroundings.
- Handy tools such as information on park fees, health and safety tips, and emergency resources
With Moon Grand Canyon's practical tips, myriad activities, and expert insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.