Forge your own path through the rock arches, canyon-carving rivers, and ever-present ancient cultures of Southeastern Utah with Moon Arches & Canyonlands National Parks.
Moon Arches & Canyonlands National Parks features:
- Full coverage of both national parks and their surrounding areas, with chapters covering Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Moab, and the Southeastern Corner
- Full-colour, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughout
- Itineraries for every timeline and budget, ranging from one day in each park to a week-long trip covering both, including the best ways to avoid the crowds
- The top activities and unique ideas for exploring each park: Climb dramatic stone bridges and slickrock bluffs to Delicate Arch, and find the perfect spot for a red rock photo-op. Join a ranger-led hike through Arches’ Fiery Furnace, or a half-day rafting tour down the Colorado River. Hike to mesa-top vistas, mountain bike through high-desert canyons, and explore countless backcountry trails. Visit the Ancestral Puebloan preservation at Hovenweep National Monument, and enjoy a couple microbrews with mountain biking locals in Moab
- Strategies for getting to both parks and traveling between them
- Honest advice on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay inside and outside the park, including the best places to pitch a tent, park your RV, or relax at a B&B
- Coverage of gateway cities and towns, including Bluff and Moab
- Up-to-date information on park fees, passes, and reservations
- Expert tips from seasoned explorers W.C. McRae and Judy Jewell for travellers looking to go hiking, biking, climbing, rafting, and more, plus essential health and safety information
- Detailed hike descriptions with individual trail maps, marked with duration, elevation change, and effort
- Recommendations for families, LGBTQ+ travellers, seniors, international visitors, travellers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
- Thorough background on the wildlife, terrain, culture, and history
With Moon Arches & Canyonlands National Parks‘ curated advice, myriad activities, and expert insight, you can explore the parks your way.