Find Your Adventure with Moon Travel Guides! Breathe in the pine-scented coastal air and discover a new kind of serenity with Moon Acadia National Park.
Inside you'll find:
- Itineraries for every timeline, budget, and travel style, ranging from one day in the park to a two-week road trip
- Full colour, vibrant photos and detailed maps
- Strategies for getting to Acadia National Park, avoiding crowds, and exploring its less-visited areas
- Expert tips for hiking, cycling, shopping, kayaking, and more, plus information on the right gear to pack
- The top activities and unique ideas for exploring the park: Pedal Acadia's famed carriage roads or take a driving tour along the scenic byways. Island-hop by sea kayak, or embark on a whale-watching excursion. Wiggle your toes in the warmth of Sand Beach, hike the remote Isle au Haut, or take a romantic horse-drawn carriage to the summit of Day Mountain. Peruse downtown Bar Harbor, take a dip in Echo Lake, and watch the sunset over a feast of freshly caught lobster
- Local insight from Maine native and Acadia expert Hilary Nangle
- Honest advice on when to go and where to stay near the park, including campgrounds, hotels, and cottages
- Up-to-date information on park fees, passes, and reservations
- In-depth coverage of Acadia on Mount Desert Island, Schoodic Peninsula, Blue Hill Peninsula, Deer Isle, Isle au Haut, Ellsworth, and Trenton
- Additional coverage of gateway towns, including Bay Harbor, Northeast and Seal Harbors, the Southwest Harbor, Tremont, and islands in Mount Desert's vicinity
- Recommendations for families, seniors, international visitors, travellers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
- Thorough background on the wildlife, terrain, culture, and history
With Moon Acadia National Park's practical tips, myriad activities, and local expertise, you can plan your trip your way.
Exploring the rest of New England? Try Moon New England or Moon Maine, Vermont & New Hampshire.