Rome Marco Polo Spiral Guide is a compact travel guide for people who have little time to prepare for a trip, don't want to miss anything, like to be inspired by great ideas for exciting days out and love all things ultra-practical and easy to use.
Inside the Rome Marco Polo Spiral Guide:
- Top 10 sights: From the top down to make it easy to prioritise!
- The Rome Feeling gives tips to help you experience the essence of the city - for example enjoying an authentic Italian gelato or trying out the ancient "Mouth of Truth" for yourself.
- The Magazine section provides an interesting and entertaining account of life in the Eternal City. It examines Roman art and architecture, which bring together 3,000 years of history; the Roman cuisine both traditional and modern; the state within a state – the Vatican; and the city’s numerous magnificent fountains.
- Don't miss: Each chapter highlights the absolute must-sees for each area and what to do at your leisure if time permits.
- In the four chapters organised by district, each chapter provides restaurant recommendations, the best shopping streets and the hottest places to go for a night out.
- Perfectly planned itineraries lead you through the city revealing the most popular attractions for each area including the best places to eat and drink along the way, each with its own map. Simply decide whether you want to travel on foot, by bike, car or public transport.
- Detailed 3D graphics reveal the interior of attractions such as Forum Romanum and the Colosseum.
- Excursions take you to Tivoli and Frascati - where you can find out what more Italy has to offer.
- Street Atlas & pull out map: The best of both worlds! Some people prefer an atlas while others prefer a separate map - Marco Polo Spiral Guides have both.
- Top 10 reasons to come back: For those undecided about a return visit... there is a list of Top 10 reasons to come back again!