London Marco Polo Spiral Guide is a compact travel guide for people who have little time to prepare for a trip, don't want to miss anything, like to be inspired by great ideas for exciting days out and love all things ultra-practical and easy to use. Visit the Queen at Buckingham Palace, ride the London Eye or go shopping at Portabello market. The city awaits!
Inside the London Marco Polo Spiral Guide:
- Top 10 sights: From the top down to make it easy to prioritise!
- The London Feeling gives tips to help you experience the essence of the city - for example, having a picnic in one of the many parks or afternoon tea in an elegant hotel. Get under the skin of London to see what makes it tick.
- The Magazine section provides an interesting and entertaining account of life on the Thames. It talks about London’s “green lungs”, the extensive royal parks - great for walks and open-air events. It also talks about the city’s traditional pubs as well as the famous London music scene and how you can experience this British metropolis for free.
- Don't miss: Each chapter highlights the absolute must-sees for each area and what to do at your leisure if time permits.
- In the five chapters organised by area, each chapter provides restaurant recommendations, the best shopping streets and the hottest places to go for a night out
- Perfectly planned itineraries lead you through the capital revealing the most popular attractions for each area including the best places to eat and drink along the way, each with its own map. Simply decide whether you want to travel on foot, by bike, car or public transport.
- Detailed 3D graphics reveal the interior of attractions such as St Paul's Cathedral and the Houses of Parliament.
- Excursions take you to Kew or Windsor - where you can see a bit more of what London’s suburbs have to offer.
- Street Atlas & pull out map: The best of both worlds! Some people prefer an atlas while others prefer a separate map - Marco Polo Spiral Guides have both.
- Top 10 reasons to come back: For those undecided about a return visit... there is a list of Top 10 reasons to come back again!