Ireland Marco Polo Spiral Guide is a compact travel guide for people who have little time to prepare for a trip, don't want to miss anything, like to be inspired by great ideas for exciting days out and love all things ultra-practical and easy to use.
Inside the Ireland Marco Polo Spiral Guide:
- Top 10 sights: From the top down to make it easy to prioritise!
- The Irish Feeling gives tips to help you experience the essence of the country - for example, enjoying a picnic lunch in Dublin or going to a greyhound race. Get under the skin of Ireland to see what makes it tick.
- The Magazine section provides an interesting and entertaining account of life in this Celtic island. It looks at the mythology and ancient history of Ireland, from Goblins and elves to passage tombs, stone circles and Celtic cults. You’ll also learn more about the struggle for Independence, holidays and festivals such as the famous St Patrick’s Day and Ireland’s poets and musicians.
- Don't miss: Each chapter highlights the absolute must-sees for each area and what to do at your leisure if time permits.
- In the five chapters organised by area, each chapter provides restaurant recommendations, the best shopping streets and the hottest places to go for a night out.
- Perfectly planned itineraries lead you through the Emerald Isle revealing the most popular attractions for each area including the best places to eat and drink along the way, each with its own map. Simply decide whether you want to travel on foot, by bike, car or public transport.
- Detailed 3D graphics reveal the interior of attractions such as the Newgrange passage tomb and the Rock of Cashel.
- Excursions take you from strolling along the walls of Derry to hiking up Croagh Patrick - so you can discover a bit more of what Ireland has to offer.
- Street Atlas & pull out map: The best of both worlds! Some people prefer an atlas while others prefer a separate map - Marco Polo Spiral Guides have both.
- Top 10 reasons to come back: For those undecided about a return visit... there is a list of Top 10 reasons to come back again!