Lonely Planet’s Tasmania is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Laugh, be appalled, be turned on by art for grown-ups at MONA; hike to the summit of Cradle Mountain for spectacular views; and sample a hoard of gourmet local produce – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Tasmania and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Tasmania:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
Coverage Includes: Hobart & around, Tasman Peninsula & Port Arthur, the Southeast, Cradle Country & the West, Devonport & the Northwest, Launceston & around, Midlands & Central Highlands, the East Coast