Frozen wastelands, cosy cottages, virgin forest, rocky islands, reindeer herders and Viking lore – Sweden has all that plus impeccable style and to-die-for dining. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Sweden, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Visit the beautiful, stylish capital of Stockholm; hike, ski or dogsled Arctic wasteland; or curl up by the fire in a cosy cottage; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Sweden and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Sweden Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – climate change, immigration, people, film, statistics, history, Vikings, Vasa Dynasty, emigration, Swedish Empire, Christmas, drinks, cuisine, etiquette, lifestyle, cinema, literature, multiculturalism, religion, sport, environment, geography, geology, wildlife, national parks, design, architecture, craft, art, the Sami
- Free, convenient pull-out Stockholm map (included in print version)
Coverage Includes: Stockholm, Uppsala, Central Sweden, Goteborg, Southwest Sweden, Malmo, South Sweden, Southeast Sweden, Gotland, Ostersund, the Bothnian Coast, Lappland, the Far North and more