This edition is an update of South America on a Shoestring into the new guidebook format. The content continues to include budget guidance as well as other recommendations so that this guide to South America is perfect for all travellers.
Andean peaks, Amazonian rainforest, Patagonian glaciers, Incan ruins, colonial towns and white-sand beaches: the wonders of South America set the stage for incredible adventures. Lonely Planet is your passport to South America, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Wander through the stone temples of Machu Picchu, trek through the Amazon, or party in Rio de Janeiro; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of South America and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s South America Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Budget-oriented recommendations with honest reviews - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - History, People & Culture
Coverage includes: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela and more