Lonely Planet Pocket Brisbane & the Gold Coast is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Thrill on the rides, waterslides and movie sets of the Gold Coast’s mega theme parks; admire the works of art at Brisbane’s Gallery of Modern Art, Australia’s biggest gallery of modern and contemporary art; and soak up rays on Australia’s only artificial, inner-city beach, Streets Beach, the star attraction at South Bank Parklands, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Brisbane & the Gold Coast and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket Brisbane & the Gold Coast:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Brisbane map (included in print version), plus over 10 colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
Coverage Includes: Central Brisbane, Fortitude Valley, Kangaroo Point and Woolloongabba, Newfarm, Newstead, South Bank, West End, Surfers Paradise, Main Beach and more