An affable all-rounder, Nicaragua embraces travelers with diverse offerings of volcanic landscapes, colonial architecture, sensational beaches, remote, idyllic islands, wave-battered Pacific beaches and pristine forests. Lonely Planet is your passport to Nicaragua, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Wander the cobblestone streets of Granada, laze on the white-sand beaches of Little Corn Island, or hike around the paradise of Isla de Ometepe; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Nicaragua and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Nicaragua Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - Nicaragua Today, History, Nicaraguan Way of Life, Arts & Architecture, Land & Wildlife, politics
Coverage includes: Managua, Masaya & Los Pueblos Blancos, Granada, Southwestern Nicaragua, León & Northwestern Nicaragua, Northern Highlands, Caribbean Coast, San Carlos, Islas Solentiname & the Río San Juan and more