A compelling mix of adventure awaits: monuments and museums, beaches and battlefields, woods and white water. Oyster shooters and bluegrass jams bring the party. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of New York & the Mid-Atlantic, with amazing travel ex-periences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet’s New York & the Mid Atlantic is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch the world go by in New York’s Central Park, hop between grand sights and museums in Washington DC’s National Mall, and explore postcard-perfect Pennsylvania Dutch Country – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New York & the Mid Atlantic and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s New York & the Mid Atlantic:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
Coverage Includes: New York City, New York State, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Washington, DC, West Virginia, and more