A safe haven in a region of conflict, Jordan has delighted visitors for centuries with its World Heritage Sites, friendly towns and inspiring desert landscapes. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Jordan, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet’s Jordan is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Dive kaleidoscopic coral gardens in the Red Sea; channel Lawrence of Arabia and stay at a Bedouin camp at Wadi Rum; watch the sun set over the honeycombed wonder of Petra; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Jordan and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Jordan:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Over 46 maps
Coverage Includes: Amman, Jerash, Irbid & the Jordan Valley, Dead Sea Highway, Madaba & the King’s Highway, Petra, Aqaba, Wadi Rum & the Desert Highway, Azraq & the Eastern Desert Highway