Get back to nature among mist-shrouded peaks, shimmering waterfalls and lush forests in the great American wilderness. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Great Smoky Mountains National Park, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet’s Great Smoky Mountains National Park is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike on the mother of all footpaths, the Appalachian Trail, cycle through the beautiful, historic valley of Cades Cove, and learn how early settlers made ends meet at the Mountain Farm Museum – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Great Smoky Mountains National Park and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Great Smoky Mountains National Park:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics