Lonely Planet presents 60 of Spain’s most authentic dishes - direct from the kitchens where they were perfected.
From family bakers to Michelin-starred chefs, Spain’s best local cooks share their passion for food and their region’s classic recipes – from tapas, pastries and cakes to soup, salads, stews, roasts and fresh seafood dishes.
- Escalivada - chargrilled vegetable salad
- Lubina a la Mallorquina - Mallorcan-style sea bream
- Paella Valenciana - chicken and rabbit paella
- Cochinillo - suckling pig
- Lechazo - roast lamb
- Churros - fried dough sticks with chocolate
- Pintxos - Basque tapas
- Fabada Asturiana - Asturian bean stew
- Gazpacho - chilled tomato soup
- Tarta de Santiago - St James cake