Lonely Planet's Canary Islandsis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Ride the cable car to the summit of Tenerife's El Teide, celebrate Carnaval with dawn-to-dusk frivolity, and catch the waves at Playa de Sotavento - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the Canary Islands and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Canary Islands:
- NEW pull-out, passport-size 'Just Landed' card with wi-fi, ATM and transport info - all you need for a smooth journey from airport to hotel
- Improved planning tools for family travellers - where to go, how to save money, plus fun stuff just for kids
- NEW Accommodation feature gathers all the information you need to plan your accommodation
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers La Palma, La Gomera, El Hierro, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, Tenerife, Lanzarote, La Geria, Tahiche, Santa Maria de Guia, La Oliva, El Teide, La Laguna, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Canary Islands is a comprehensive guide to the Canary Islands, and is perfect for discovering both popular and off-the-beaten-path experiences.