Lonely Planet's Best of South America is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Gaze down on sparkling Rio de Janeiro from Pao de Acucar, spot wildlife in the Galapagos Islands, and hike the legendary Inca Trail to Machu Picchu - all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of South America and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Best of South America:
- Full-colour images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, food, wine, sports, landscapes, wildlife
- Free, convenient pull-out map, plus easy-to-use colour maps to help you navigate
- Covers Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Best of South America is filled with inspiring and colorful photos, and focuses on South America's most popular attractions for those wanting to experience the best of the best.