Lonely Planet's Best of Italy is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. See the might of ancient Rome, discover the wonder of a city of marble built on a lagoon in Venice, and string it all together with the freshest food and finest wine imaginable - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Italy and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Best of Italy:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Rome, Florence, Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Milan, Venice, Italian Lakes, Naples, Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Sardinia, Sicily, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Best of Italy is filled with inspiring and colourful photos, and focuses on Italy's most popular attractions for those wanting to experience the best of the best.