Lonely Planet's easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colourful photos, focuses on California's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
Lonely Planet's Best of California is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Hug a tree in ancient redwood forests, uncover hidden beaches while cruising the Pacific Coast Highway, or sashay along San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of California and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Best of California:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, environmental issues, cuisine, wine, beer, lifestyle
- Over 49 color maps
Coverage Includes: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Northern California, Central Coast, Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, Yosemite National Park, Sierra Nevada, San Diego, Disneyland, Orange County and more