Same same, but different. This Thailish T-shirt philosophy sums up Bangkok, a city where the familiar and the exotic collide like the flavours on a plate of pàt tai. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Bangkok, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet’s Bangkok is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Shop for anything and everything at Chatuchak Weekend Market; learn to make zesty Thai dishes at a cookery school; and give thanks for your good fortune at the giant golden Buddha at Wat Pho; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Bangkok and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Bangkok:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, religion, cuisine, politics
- Over 35 maps
Coverage Includes: Ko Ratanakosin & Thonburi, Banglamphu, Thewet & Dusit, Chinatown, Siam Square, Pratunam, Phloen Chit & Ratchathewi, Riverside, Silom & Lumphini, Sukhumvit, Northern Bangkok, Ayuthaya Historical Park, Ko Samet, Amphawa, Phetchaburi, Kanchanaburi, Khao Yai