Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet's Australia's Best Trips. Follow the Great Barrier Reef along the Capricorn Coast, explore the dramatic landforms and wildlife-rich Kakadu National Park, and surf famous beaches along the Great Ocean Road - with
the 38 amazing road trips in this trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet's Australia's Best Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right routes tailored to your needs and interests
- Get around easily with easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, plus detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, and Link Your Trip
- Covers Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, the South Coast, Victoria, Queensland, Brisbane, Tasmania, the Outback.
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Australia's Best Trips is perfect for exploring Australia by road and discovering sights that are more accessible by car.