No place on Earth compares to this vast white wilderness of elemental forces: snow, ice, water, rock. Antarctica is simply stunning. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Antarctica, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Antarctica is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Get up close and personal with the local penguin populations, cruise the picture-perfect Lemaire Channel, or pay a visit to Ernest Shackleton’s eerily preserved hut, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Antarctica and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Antarctica:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, landscapes, wildlife, environment
- Over 24 maps
Coverage Includes: the South Pole, the Antarctic Peninsula, Ross Ice Shelf, Lemaire Channel, Deception Island, Cuverville Island, Cape Royds, Cape Denison, Cape Evans, Port Lockroy, Paradise Harbor, and more