A spellbinding intersection of old and new, South India epitomises the fascinating and dynamic nature of the Indian subcontinent. Footprint's South India Handbook will guide you from the Portuguese-steeped villages of Goa, through coconut groves and mangrove thickets, and to the paradoxical cities which are home to spice-packed bazars and biotech booms.
- Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the region, including hill stations, beaches, birdwatching, trekking, cricket, yoga and Ayurvedic massage.
- Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from navigating dusty spice markets to spotting tigers and elephants
- Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & customs at religious sites
- Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
- Full-colour planning section and mini-atlas to inspire travellers and help them find the best experiences
From the tropical calm of Kerala's backwaters to the spectacular fecundity of the forests, the 5th edition of Footprint South India will help you navigate this vibrant, lush destination.
1) Essentials 2) Mumbai (Bombay) 3) Tamil Nadu 4) Kerala 5) Karnataka 6) Andhra Pradesh 7) Goa 8) Background