South America is epic. Home to the world's highest waterfall, the longest mountain range and the largest rainforest - this continent will baffle you with its enormity. While cities like Rio de Janeiro swing to the sounds of samba, locals jostle around market stalls in Cuzco and indigenous farmers offer prayers to Pachamama - Mother Earth. Footprint's 93rd edition of the South American Handbook is the ideal guidebook for adventure-hungry travellers. From Inca ruins and tropical jungles to the vast open plains of Patagonia, Footprint's revised and updated guide to South America provides comprehensive coverage, enabling you to escape the crowd and discover the continent for yourself.
- Highlights section so you know what not to miss
- Practical information on how to get to each country and around, plus suggested itineraries to help you plan your trip, whether you are travelling for a week or a month
- Well-researched cultural and historical background sections available as an online resource
- Tips for travelling with your kids
- The core of the guide provides comprehensive coverage of Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela, the Guianas, and the Falkland Islands.
- Each country and region has an overview map which includes 'Don't miss' destinations, local information on how to get around and detailed street maps where relevant
- Detailed listings on where to sleep, eat and play are provided for every destination within each country, enabling you to have an even better travel experience.
Now in its 93rd edition, Footprint's legendary South American Handbook covers the continent in amazing detail, enabling you to explore for yourself. From spectacular carnivals to shuddering glaciers, this guide will open your way to the irresistible spirit of the world's greatest continent.
1) Planning your trip
13) Falkland Islands/Islas Malvinas
15) Colour Maps