Take a rice boat tour of Kerala's lyrical backwaters; endlessly intersecting rivers, streams and lagoons that flood the plains between the Arabian Sea and the Western Ghats. Watch the sun set from the ramshackle port city of Fort Kochi before heading inland to see the monkeys and macaques at Periyar National Park. From winding waterways to colourful festivals, Footprint's Kerala Handbook will prove an invaluable companion.
- Essentials section with practical tips on getting there and around.
- Background section with fascinating information on the region's unique history and culture.
- Comprehensive listings of where to eat, sleep & play including fishing and birdwatching.
- Detailed street maps for important cities and towns.
- Slim enough to fit in your pocket.
Loaded with advice and information, the concise Footprint Kerala will help you get the most out of Kerala without weighing you down.
1) Introduction 2) Planning your trip 3) Kerala (Thiruvananthapuram and the far south; Backwaters, Fort Kochi and Ernakulam; Munnar and Idukkis high ranges; Thrissur, Palakkad and the River Nila; Malabar Coast; Lakshadweep, Minicoy and Amindivi Islands) 4) Background