Revered the world over, the Indian Himalaya provide a unique experience and stunning backdrop for any explorer and have been capturing the imagination of travellers for centuries. The 3rd edition Indian Himalaya Handbook will help travellers get the most from this diverse and sometimes demanding region. Footprint's Indian Himalaya is indispensible to visitors who want to be wowed by rugged beauty and inspired by the unique culture of the people that live here.
- Great coverage of responsible travel and the Himalayan Environment Trust Code of Practise, as well as essential advice on the best time of year to travel
- Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from trekking and climbing to cycling and yoga
- Includes comprehensive listings from From Garhwal and Kumaon in Uttar Pradesh, to the Himalaya in Himachal Pradesh, Ladakh and Zanskar, to Darjeeling and Sikkim, in the Eastern Himalaya.
- Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
- Full-colour planning section to inspire travellers and help you find the best experiences
Footprint's Indian Himalaya Handbook is packed with all the information you'll need to get the best out of this spectacular region.