India strikes its visitor with a sensory, intellectual, spiritual and philosophical assualt that's unmatched by any other place on earth: this subcontinent's sheer diversity is staggering. Footprint's 19th edition India Handbook will guide you from tropical beach paradises and lush backwaters, to forests where elephants roam and foothills clad in tea plantations.
- Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from ruined temples and shimmering cities to spotting tigers and trekking the Himalaya
- Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape
- Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings that you can trust, for every budget
- Full-colour planning section to inspire and help you find the best experiences
- Personal recommendations from the authors on everything from festivals and haggling to camel safaris and rail routes.
From navigating the outsized metropoles to exploring sprawling temples, Footprint India will help you get the best of this enigmatic destination.
1) Introduction 2) Essentials 3) Delhi 4) Uttar Pradesh 5) Uttarakhand 6) Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh 7) Rajastan 8) Haryana & Punjab 9) Himachal Pradesh 10) Jammu & Kashmir 11) West Bengal 12) Sikkim 13) Northeast States 14) Orissa 15) Bihar and Jharkhand 16) Andaman & Nicobar Islands 17) Tamil Nadu 18) Kerala 19) Karnataka 20) Andhra Pradesh 21) Maharashtra 22) Goa 23) Gujarat 24) Background