A place of extremes and contradictions, Chile is home to a bewilderingly diverse geography and climate. Footprint Chile will guide you from the endless and eerie Atacama Desert in the north to the creaking, fractured glacial ice of the south, with beaches, rainforest and vineyards to explore in between.
- Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the region, including Easter Island, Chiloe, the wine routes, skiing, geysers and salt flats
- Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from hiking volcanoes to whitewater rafting
- Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape
- Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
- Full-colour planning section to inspire you and help you find the best experiences
From Patagonian penguins to the buzz of vertiginous Valparaiso, Footprint's fully updated 8th edition will help you navigate this adventurous destination.
1) Planning your trip 2) Santiago Region 3) Valparaiso and Vina del Mar 4) From Santiago to La Serena 5) Into the Atacama 6) Antofagasta, Calama and San Pedro de Atacama 7) Iquique, Arica and the Altiplano National Parks 8) Central Valley 9) Lake District 10) Chiloe 11) Carretera Austral 12) Far South 13) Tierra del Fuego 14) Chilean Pacific Islands (Islas Juan Fernandez; Rapa Nui [Easter Island]) 15) Background 16) Footnotes 17) Colour maps