Admire the frescoes and art collection at the 200-year-old United States Capitol, stroll past the elegant Neo-Classical White House, marvel at the exhibits at the National Air and Space Museum, drop by the graceful Mount Vernon mansion on the banks of the Potomac River, or step into George Washington's Distillery for a look at the most successful business venture of the first president. From Top 10 art galleries to Top 10 things to do for free - discover the best of Washington, DC with this easy-to-use travel guide.
Inside Top 10 Washington, DC:
- Eight easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend, or a week
- Top 10 lists showcase the best attractions in Washington, DC, covering the United States Capitol, the White House, the National Zoological Park, Mount Vernon and more
- Free laminated pull-out map of Washington, DC, plus six full-colour area maps
- In-depth area guides explore Washington, DC's most interesting neighbourhoods, with the best places for shopping, going out, and sightseeing
- Colour-coded chapters divided by area make it easy to find information quickly and plan your day
- Essential travel tips including our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop, and sightsee, plus useful transport, visa, and health information
- Colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Covers Capitol Hill, The Mall and Federal Triangle, Penn Quarter, The White House and Foggy Bottom, Georgetown, and sights beyond the city centre.