Take a guided walking tour of Lima, hike to Machu Picchu, fly over the Nazca Lines, float on peaceful Lake Titicaca or admire the wildlife in the Amazon basin: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Peru with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Peru:
- Over 25 colour maps, plus a road map of Peru, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Peru, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show the inside of Machu Picchu, the Nazca Lines, San Francisco and Miraflores in Lima, Chavín de Huántar and Caral in Cordillera Blanca and Monasterio de Santa Catalina in Arequipa
- Colour photographs of Peru's picturesque towns, amazing ancient sites, Amazon animals and astounding landscape
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Lima - central Lima, Miraflores and San Isidro, Barranco and beyond the city - the Southern Coast, Canyon Country, Cusco and the Inca Heartland, Central Sierra, Cordillera Blanca, the Northern Desert, the Northern Highlands and the Amazon Basin
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about local festivals, the landscape and wildlife, and Peru's turbulent history
- Experience the culture with features on Peru's indigenous peoples, the culture of the Incas, architecture, music and dance, art and literature, and craft and textiles
- Essential travel tips - our expert choices of where to stay, shop, sightseeing and find the best Peruvian cuisine, plus useful phrases, visa and health information.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Peru is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Peru.