Discover the beautiful Coromandel Peninsula, see the best of Maori and New Zealand art at the galleries of Auckland, hike the spectacular Tongariro Alpine Crossing, shop in Wellington's Lambton Quay, kayak in the crystal-clear waters in the Abel Tasman National Park, go adventure-crazy in Queenstown, or thread your way along the narrow waterways of remote Fjordland: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of New Zealand with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide New Zealand:
- Over 65 colour maps, plus a number of city and town maps, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of New Zealand, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail the Auckland War Memorial Museum, Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, Waitomo Caves area, Whakarewarewa Thermal Area, Christchurch's Botanic Gardens, Arthur's Pass National Park, Dunedin Railway Station and more
- Colour photographs of New Zealand's coastline, fjords, cities and mountains
- City and regional maps of Auckland as well as Northland, the Central North Island, Wellington and the South, Marlborough and Nelson, Canterbury and the West Coast, and Otago and Southland
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about history, festivals, rituals, values, beliefs and traditions
- Experience the culture with features on New Zealand's architecture, Maori culture and art, artists and writers, farming, and wines
- Comprehensive coverage of Auckland, Rotorua, Wellington, Nelson, Queenstown, and Christchurch
- Essential travel tips - our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop, and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide New Zealand is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to New Zealand.