Almost 1,000 bird species occur in southern Africa - nearly 10 per cent of the world's bird population. Some 500 of these are featured in this compact, pocket-sized guide, with an emphasis on birds that are most conspicuous and most commonly seen.
Written by South Africa's top birding author, this book will prove invaluable in identifying birds, whether in urban areas of on outings into wilderness areas.
- Over 500 bird species
- More than 580 full-colour photographs
- Up-to-date distribution maps
- Calendar bars showing months when birds are seen
- Breeding months and bird size at a glance
- Concise identification text, with call, habitat and status