The heart of Australia contains a wealth of treasures: red-walled gorges, idyllic waterholes, fascinating formations and the culture of people who have inhabited this landscape for many millennia. It is a diverse landscape of arid flatlands, striped with ancient ranges and hidden, lush gullies. The best way to discover this colourful natural beauty is on foot. Best Walks of the Red Centre, part of Woodslane’s popular walking guides series which has sold over 100,000 copies, introduces the best walks for visitors and locals alike, ranging from strolls along well-laid footpaths to more difficult hikes up rugged ridges and along remote river beds.
The book covers many walks in and around Alice Springs, along the MacDonnell Ranges and the Red Centre Way, plus the iconic walks to be found around Uluru and Kata Tjuta, Watarrka and Rainbow Valley.
- Detailed route directions, grades and times
- accurate full-colour maps
- Overview maps to help you plan a trip
- Tips for safe and eco-friendly walking
- Identification charts for birds and wildflowers
- Over 150 full colour photographs